Front drive unit: Mobil SHC 629
Rear drive unit (small and large): DEXRON VI (DEXRON 6) automatic transmission fluid.
Component / System Capacity
Transmission (front, small drive unit) 1.8 quarts 1,750 ml
Transmission (rear, small drive unit) 2.4 quarts 2,250 ml
Transmission (rear, large drive unit) 1.5 quarts 1,400 ml
Gearbox Fluid - Large Rear Drive Unit (Remove and Replace)
FRT No: 40300102
Warning: If the vehicle has air suspension, activate "Jack" mode on the touchscreen before raising and supporting the vehicle.
Drain & Refill
Note: The fluid should only be drained when the transmission is warm.
Warning: Be careful when draining the fluid; the fluid can be very hot.
- Position a container to collect the fluid.
- Clean the area around the filler plug.
- Remove the filler plug.
4. Remove the drain plug and allow the liquid to drain into the container.
Note: Allow the fluid to drain completely before continuing this procedure.
5. Clean and install the drain plug (torque 28 Nm).
6. Install the filler plug (torque 28 Nm).
7. Install the mid aero shield.
8. Lower the vehicle.