Face Level Vent - Driver's - Outer (Remove and Replace)
- Remove the driver side lower dash trim (refer to procedure).
- Remove the lower binnacle cover.
- Remove the 2 screws beneath the lower binnacle cover that secure the IP top pad to the IP carrier.
- Lower the steering column and remove the steering column gap hider by releasing the 2 trim clips.
The top screw that secures the vent is underneath the top pad. It is necessary to release the leftmost clips on the top pad in order to access the screw. If possible, use an inflatable wedge. Be very careful not to bend the top pad.
- Apply protective tape along the LH side of the chrome strip that runs just beneath the top pad.
- Very carefully lift up the LH side of the top pad.
Caution: Be very careful not to bend the top pad. If necessary, ask an assistant for help.
- Remove the instrument cluster bezel.
- Remove the 3 screws that secure the face vent & trim to the dash (torque 1 Nm).
- Remove the 2 screws that secure the face vent & trim (torque 1 Nm).
- Remove the face vent assembly..
- Remove the 1 screw that secures the face vent bezel (torque 1 Nm).
- Remove the bezel from the face vent.
Installation procedure is the reverse of removal.
If this post was useful, register and put like.