Face Level Vent - Driver's - Inner (Remove and Replace)
- Remove driver side lower dash trim (refer to procedure).
- Remove the lower binnacle cover.
- Remove the 2 screws beneath the lower binnacle cover that secure the IP top pad to the IP carrier.
- Lower the steering column and remove the steering column gap hider by releasing the 2 trim clips.
Caution: The top screw that secures the vent is underneath the top pad. It is necessary to release the center clips on the top pad in order to access the screw. If possible, use an inflatable wedge. Be very careful not to bend the top pad.
- Apply protective tape along the center of the chrome strip that runs just beneath the top pad.
- Very carefully lift up the center of the top pad.
Caution: Be very careful not to bend the top pad. If necessary, ask an assistant for help.
- Remove the trim and vent assembly by removing the 2 screws (torque 1 Nm) and 3 clips that secure the vent and trim panel.
- Remove screws (x2) securing face vent to dash trim (torque 1 Nm).
- Remove vent from dash trim.
- Remove screw (x1) securing bezel to vent (torque 1 Nm).
- Remove bezel from vent.
Installation procedure is the reverse of removal.
If this post was useful, register and put like.